[ExI] ESP

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 14 08:13:46 UTC 2008

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> Essentially, it was found that remote viewing was useful as an
> adjunct to  conventional intelligence gathering

Please document who exactly found that this male bovine excrement
has been proven to be useful. And I must tell you, I will not be very
impressed if you say it's in Spoon Bending Digest, and I will be even
less impressed if you give me a website nobody's ever heard of and
 expect me to read the long boring thing.

Just show me something in Science, Nature, Physical Review letters,
or a dozen other reputable science journals, that it's true and then
it's all over. That's all you need do, do that and you have won the
argument and I have lost. Is that asking too much?

> There was far too much pressure from the military side for
>  immediate operationalizable results

Translation: There was too much pressure for the fucking
thing to actually work.

> data acquired by ostensible psi is always at least somewhat
> murky and  contaminated by the expectations

At last you have said something I cannot disagree in the slightest
degree.

Now let me make it clear, I respect the hell out of Damien! Except
for the issue of ESP and cold fusion we are of nearly 100%
agreement. But on those 2 issues it's like those people who blow
the curve on standard IQ tests but who can't identify human faces,
who can't even identify his own son until he formally proclaims his
identity. I am convinced that either Damien or I have a similar sort
of mental handicap. I really don't know which of us has the
problem. Time will tell.

 John K Clark