[ExI] People are Genuine Altruists, Sociopaths, or Confused/Moody

Max More max at maxmore.com
Sun Sep 14 17:14:56 UTC 2008

At 10:47 PM 9/13/2008, Harvey wrote:

>These examples are simply poor examples of "genuine altruism"
>because they all involve me getting benefits.  Why don't you come up
>with examples of "genuine altruism" where I don't get anything back?  Such as:
>
>- Giving blood?

This example is (if I'm informed correctly) not a good one, unlike
your others. Apparently, giving blood can be beneficial to your
health (if you are male) by lowering concentrations of iron in the body.

Caveat: I read that quite some time ago, am unsure of the source, and
it may not be true. But it's plausible. Can anyone confirm this?

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher
www.maxmore.com