[ExI] Black Swans - Revisited

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:41:43 UTC 2008

Totally agree with Jef's recommendation of Black Swan.  I'd also like to recommend, as a companion, Leonard Mlodinow's The Drunkard's Walk.  His information about how Mutual Fund Manager, CEO and Movie Exec careers are largely based on short, random strings of events is really eye-opening!  You also don't find many books that come highly recommended by Stephen Hawking:

 In The Drunkard's Walk Leonard Mlodinow provides readers with a wonderfully readable guide to how the mathematical laws of randomness affect our lives. With insight he shows how the hallmarks of chance are apparent in the course of events all around us. The understanding of randomness has brought about profound changes in the way we view our surroundings, and our universe. I am pleased that Leonard has skillfully explained this important branch of mathematics. --Stephen Hawking

James Clement, www.betterhumans.com