[ExI] Nature of Humor: Grinning and Laughing

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Thu Sep 18 16:23:08 UTC 2008

Lee writes:
> Because I suspect that it is rather non-normal
> for people to ordinarily smile and laugh only around others,
> though my appreciation and admiration would know no bounds
> if someone in this audience could admit that he or she in fact
> is one of the people whose laughter only occurs in public situations.

I find that whole concept astonishing - laughing only in public. I've been reduced
to tears of laughter by something I've read, so much so that I had to go find
kleenex and wipe my eyes to continue reading.

I don't know that I'm much on howling with laughter over something I've thought of,
but I will chuckle or grin.

However... can easily be reduced to tears of pain and sorrow by thinking. Moreso
than in public, for sure.

Does this mean I'm a melacholic personality? Strange.

Regards,
MB