[ExI] What Makes People Vote Republican

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 19 04:05:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 08:07:19PM -0700, spike wrote:

> are sexists, and if we vote for neither we are both.  But everyone can see,
> even non-yanks, that the major parties have put forth the weakest candidates
> in memory.  This should be obvious regardless of which party one favors:
> both Palin and Obama are lightweights.  No, scratch that, they would need a
> lot more experience to be lightweights.  They are both featherweights.

Obama is a relative lightweight in the combination of national or
executive (no one usually dings governors for having no national or
foreign experience) experience, but he's got a lot more general
political experience in Illinois, and seems pretty heavyweight
intellectually.  Like Clinton or Gore or Clinton and not lke any GOP
candidates who come to mind.  He's a policy wonk with charisma, by my
reading -- I think that Obamonics article I gave has outsiders noting
his campaign cares about experts and research.

> Lionel Hutz vs Marge Simpson.

So I'd say Marge Simpson vs. Lisa Simpson. :)

-xx- Damien X-)