[ExI] QT and SR

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Fri Sep 19 07:14:03 UTC 2008

Mike writes (isn't that great? lots of "Damien"s, "John"s, and others, but
yet only one "Mike"!)

> Anyway, do you also suppose that our imaginings are some fractionally
> real experiences?  Is it possible from the position you stated above
> that people living under "obvious" delusions are in fact living in a
> different universe than the rest of us?

I shall jump in. Yes, by all means your fantasies or mistakes are
*real* in some different universe. But while your having just
imagined having been hit by a falling airplane does connect to
another you in a different universe having been actually struck
by a falling plane, there isn't any causal connection. For the
rules in play here, sadly or at least prosaically, we have to
ascribe your imaginings to your rich inner life, and not to what
is going on in other universes  :-)

> Also, how do you suggest that the entity I conceive as myself compared
> to the entity that I conceive as you (non-me) are able to experience
> the same universe?  (within a given definition for experience that a
> priori resolves identity and communication issues)

I submit that you are experiencing many universes right now, it's
just that a lot of the copies are probably not conscious of it (unlike
those reading this right now), perhaps because they're dealing with
falling airplanes, or stock prices exploding upwards. But so long
as they're sufficiently similar in structure, so says I, you are them too.

Lee