[ExI] Freedom (was: "PC")

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sun Sep 21 20:05:10 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 09:16:03AM -0400, Spargemeister wrote:

> That's a serious mischaracterization of libertarianism. We don't want
> anarchy, we want a small government framework does the things only a
> government can do, such as manage public assets, coordinate national
> defense, and maintain and enforce federal laws.

But what are legitimate public assets and federal laws?  Big loopholes
there.

Is the atmosphere a public asset?  Does the government get to regulate
chemical and noise pollution?

What's the difference between national defense against biowarfare and a
national health care system?

How is this paid for?

-xx- Damien X-)