[ExI] China's upcoming major problem depicted in a SF novel

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Sep 23 12:08:22 UTC 2008

John Grigg had written about one of China's problems

> > ... young adult males not having potential female mates.
> > I see this causing the world mafias to view the situation
> > as a great opportunity for female human slavery and
> > smuggling...John

to which Spike acutely adds

> Or more likely, female human smuggling and male slavery.
> Since the ladies are in short supply, the men that manage
> to win one will treat her as a princess, tending to her
> every whim.

This process has been described in a number of history
books I've read. When there is an over-supply of men,
the women get to be very choosy, and the men must
live up to the evolutionary psychologically derived
expectations of women, namely that the men show a
good deal of consideration towards them and try to
emphasize what good fathers they'd be.

On exactly the other other hand, when women are in
oversupply, women become "cheap", and this gives rise
to the males "scoring" and "running".

The former is actually much better for society than the
latter, the point often being described as the process
by which women civilize men.

Lee