[ExI] The "Unreasonable" Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences

Eschatoon Magic eschatoon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 13:53:44 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Just finished a very long conversation with a friend
> in which I well-articulated (at least I thought so)
> the long sought-after answer to Wigner's famous query
> about why our universe exhibits math at every turn.

If  "mathematics is the physics of bottlecaps" then it is not
surprising that our universe exhibits math at every turn. Math may be
a reflection of physics instead of a platonic abstraction. Occam might
have liked this interpretation I guess.

By the way this is Giulio Prisco posting with a new email and nym.

--
Eschatoon Magic
http://cosmeng.org/index.php/Eschatoon