[ExI] miscommunication (was: Yet another health care debate)

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 24 15:52:39 UTC 2008

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> I was pointing out how John Clark's indignant misreading of BillK's
> post completely distorted and reversed what BillK had written.

How exactly did I do that Damien?

BillK (the man who thinks Walmart is the biggest enemy that
America has) wrote:

"Extreme libertarians do, from time to time, bring up the
suggestion of letting all the poor, mentally disabled, physically
disabled, etc. fall by the wayside (evolution in action), but we
are trying to civilize them."

At the time I honestly thought "them" referred to the
"mentally disabled" not to "Extreme libertarians". Amd despite
your clever post I still think that could very well be exactly
what he meant because in that same post he tells me I should
give up some of my freedom to protect the mentally disabled
from themselves. That sure sounds to me that he thinks they
need civilizing. If he now tells the list "them" referred to
"extreme libertarians" then I will say no more about it but
neither will I apologize for misunderstanding such an
ambiguous post.

I do plead guilty to have never been a big fan of euphemisms,
hence my use of the word "dunces".

 John K Clark