[ExI] Problems with Platonia again

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 02:08:33 UTC 2008

2008/9/27 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>:

> But if there are "multiple identical collections of matter", what is
> different about the one you are (in your manner of speaking)?
> It's *that* awkwardness that drives me to my position.
>
> So you see how to me it looks like you are saying that there
> is something special about the one speaking, even though all
> the rest are speaking in the same wise?

I would say that instantaneously, it is definitely the case that this
one is speaking here due to this collection of matter and that one is
speaking there due to that collection of matter. The same could be
said for two identical computer programs being implemented on two
identical, but numerically distinct, computers. This is so even though
we could say there is only one platonic object, multiply implemented.

--
Stathis Papaioannou