[ExI] A Serious Question For USians

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Sep 29 00:52:41 UTC 2008

At 05:00 PM 9/28/2008 -0700, Olga wrote:

>This is the Tina Fey version of that Couric interview (and the
>writers at SNL didn't have to do too much editing ... the real one
>was just as strange):
>
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/13/tina-fey-as-sarah-palin-o_n_126249.html

I think you mean:

<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/27/tina-fey-as-sarah-palin-k_n_129956.html>

And here's another belated answer to Lee's "Do you ever laugh when
you're alone?" Walking along an empty street by myself this
afternoon, I replayed the following in my head, and was reduced to
helpless, envious laughter:

POEHLER AS COURIC: "But again, and not to belabor the point. One
specific thing."

(several seconds of FEY and POEHLER staring at each other)

FEY AS PALIN: "Katie, I'd like to use one of my lifelines."

POEHLER AS COURIC: "I'm sorry?"

FEY AS PALIN: "I want to phone a friend."

POEHLER AS COURIC: "You don't have any lifelines."

FEY AS PALIN: "Well in that case... I'm gonna just hafta get back t'ya!"

Damien Broderick