[ExI] death of print news: was RE: To Arms!

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Apr 2 15:58:57 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Fred C. Moulton
>
> ...I would not want a reporter on a deadline ... to mistakenly think...
Fred

Fred, your post was actually about something else but your comment caused me
to recognize a big advantage to the coming death of print news.  The news
cycle manipulation and rush to a particular deadline that you describe both
go away, being artifacts of print news cycles.  Traditionally these have
been one issue per day, with special arrangements on weekends.  Now, news
stories can go up on the site whenever the reporter is satisfied she has the
facts, instead of when some arbitrary schedule demands.  Rebuttals can be
offered quickly on politically opposite news sites.  Balanced reporting will
be accomplished, and misinformation can be greatly reduced.

Trees will be saved too, and the furry little animals that live in them.

May we bury the print news quickly, without mourning their passing.