[ExI] Mind Uploading article in Wikipedia

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 04:39:39 UTC 2009

This "consciousness is real" thing isn't logically consistent. It
seems like you think that you can upload someone into "abstract"
software and they'll be just like you but not conscious. Call that
intelligence Brent* .

If I ask Brent* "Are you conscious?", what does he reply? Does he say
"Yes", "No", "Not Sure", something else?

A faithful upload would say "Yes" (and I believe Brent* would because
I think you are a truthful person). So what on earth goes through his
software mind, that he answers yes to this question? Does he think
he's conscious but he's not? If this is the case, how can you tell
that you are not right now actually Brent* ?