[ExI] Mind Uploading article in Wikipedia

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 7 05:02:03 UTC 2009

"Brent Allsop" <brent.allsop at comcast.net>

> Wouldn't it be great to know concisely, quantitatively, what all
> transhumanists think, and also what everyone else thinks, and why?

That is what's so pathetic about your canonizer, the idea that what they
write on it definitely settles the matter of what someone thinks about a
matter. Everybody on this list will say they don't believe in vitalism and I
am sure they will say the same on your canonizer. I don't think they're
lying, I think they sincerely believe vitalism is wrong; but when you start
to examine their ideas in detail and debate with them it very soon becomes
apparent that they are wrong about what they think. The fact of the matter
is that although they don't know it they passionately believe in vitalism;
they must if there is any hope for their arguments to make the slightest bit
of sense.

 John K Clark