[ExI] WWRD? (What will Russia do?)

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:14:16 UTC 2009

If anyone were concerned (or worried. or terrified. or hysterical) about the
spread of
fundamentalist islam<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65z5XlWZ8k&feature=related>think
again. I think its
gay <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw3_VGVH66s&feature=related>. Let me
hasten to add that I consider
Wahabism a variant of Saudi Nashi, for good or for bad :)

I think of you looked at it purely rationally similar arguments this kind of
movements <http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/trailer.php>
(in Russia, China, the US, Brazil) have a sinister quality that is of
concern with the
likelyhood that it produces fall-out outside respective countries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFHYNSKydqU

2009/4/7 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> Dagon Gmail wrote:
>
>  I thought that had been established...
>> ..unless you regard human beings as a means to an end <
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeA6y2vFXgU>'.
>>

> Very interesting. It proves that Russia is still a
> strong nation (on the assumption that Nashi is
> representative).
>
> Perhaps some of you have seen the very nice documentary
> "The Singing Revolution", which showed how Estonians
> managed to preserve some of their nationalism and patriotism
> in spite of Soviet domination all the way from 1940 or so
> through 1990 or so.
>
> It interests me that the Soviets felt too weak (or too
> reluctant for some other reason) to really crack down
> and deport the leading million or so Estonians into the
> vastness of central Russia. (They'd moved millions of
> people around near the end of World War II to suit themselves.)
>
> See the documentary, one question came over and over to
> me: Will the Russians return?
>
> Already Estonia is 40% Russian or something like that.
>
> My answer was (arrived at an hour or so after seeing
> the documentary) that we live in a new age, and that
> the Russian people themselves could no longer feel
> proud about subduing a weak little neighbor like Estonia.
>
> After all, they'd had plenty of excuses in the days of
> Stalin: "We're doing them a favor, we're spreading
> international communism".
>
> But what now? Now it would be raw power.
>
> Yet a friend later told me that I was being naive. "The Russian
> people will actually be proud of such a move, and will once
> again exult in Russia's strength."
>
> I would love to hear opinions.
>
> Lee

I said NO SIGNATURE !!!