[ExI] [SPACE] People in space, not machine - what gives?

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 01:09:29 UTC 2009

In case you didn't notice, I have been talking about this for over a year.

Elements are:

Pop up with a rocket and push to GEO with a laser for under $100/kg at
upwards of half a million tons per year

Construction of power sats at a high rate, at least 125 GW/year and
rapidly increasing.

1000 or more construction workers at GEO (and their families) but this
is not a colony, just a construction job like a dam.

In a few years (because of the need for nickel) a mining camp of
several hundred to a thousand at an asteroid.  But this is also not a
space colony.

Shame there are not more mathematically inclined people on this list.
I could use someone to check my work, most recently on a space anchor
and a possible way to offset radiation pressure.

Keith