[ExI] - [deepsea farming]

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 12:31:56 UTC 2009

Yes - The point being that growing food on the surface might account for
what we have now
(6+ billion) and we will lose surface for agriculture due to climatic
issues. So we need extra
biomass to grow food. Hence - seafloors, artificial illumination, automated
farming, etc.

Note that your arguments ( we dont have to the energy resources!!) also
holds as soon as
we run out of oil. Right now growing animal food required a LOT more than
12kW per
person.