[ExI] Getting People who Speak Heresies to Shut Up

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sat Apr 11 13:55:57 UTC 2009

Stefano Vaj wrote:

> On the other hand, the only three conceivable alternatives being
> currently debated are those I already mentioned in another long post -
> which apparently nobody read... :-) - are just three: forced
> assimilation, deportation, multiculturalism (in the sense of multiple
> communities semi-independently regulating their own affairs on the
> same territory).

I read your post and I found it worth reading twice. :)

Americans perhaps see the way immigration worked *in the past* in the USA - ghettos
of immigrants who were eager to partake of The American Dream, therefore trying to
assimilate (with older folks' reservations about language/culture/religion being
"lost").

IIUC the immigration into Europe at present is of people who do not particularly
wish to assimilate, just to have the advantage of living in A Better Place than
their homelands.

Regards,
MB