[ExI] all Cultures are equivalent

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:38:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:28 AM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/4/13 frankie <frankmac at ripco.com>:
>> On this Easter day I think the world would be better off if those guys or
>> girls who drew those lines in Peru would come back and tell mankind to lay
>> off this junk and start living in peace
>
> Or perhaps we should all learn to "agree to disagree", renounce
> entropic and genocidal one-worldisms, support your "team" and of
> course protect it, but at the same accept the continued existence of
> other teams equally supported by their respective fans without the
> delusion that they are simply stupid or misinformed or "brainwashed".

Somewhere between "not a chance" and "the odds are against it."

When people see hard times a-coming, existing divisions deepen, memes
to demonize others spread and eventually people make the future look
brighter by reducing the population, especially those "others."

It is switched on psychological mechanisms that were honed to a fine
edge in the stone age.

If you want to keep them switched off, the only way I can see to do it
is to grow the population slower than the economy grows.

It is as mechanical as a dam washing out.

Keith