[ExI] Public spaces

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon Apr 13 17:28:50 UTC 2009

Il 13/04/2009 17.37, Dan ha scritto:

> Actually, these are based on fantasies too.  No government existing
> today was formed in that way.  The use of "public spaces" and "public
> property" merely hides this fact and tries to conceal that the
> government controls -- in a sense "owns" -- such spaces and
> properties and as it sees fit.

You are right. All the governments properties are unjustly owned and
controlled. And given that the chain of ownership is usually unknown,
there is no way to give back to the real owners or their heirs.

The Gordian Know was solved in a simple way, as it was insoluble in
other ways more palatable.

I'm not claiming that this solution is without problems.
But in a fully libertarians society all available land would be property
of someone after enough time and then agreements would need to follows
on how use a part of the land to let people and goods to move.

Then we have the problem of how decide how much the property extend up
in the air and low in the earth or over the water.

There is any good solution to how return the land owned by the
government to the people?
Because I can see the government disown the land a day. And a bunch of
people fight to homestead it one hour after, all with their feet ready
to step in the land and reclaim it for them as the government step out.

I think there is no solution bound to make all happy or simply right for
all and able to redress all torts. Only "good enough" solutions.

Mirco