[ExI] space based solar power

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:01:35 UTC 2009

On 4/14/09, Keith Henson wrote:
> This made the news all the way from papers in California to radio
>  stations in Chicago.

Yea, it's all over Google. A lot of PR for a company that doesn't even
have a website. (I don't call one page a website). One report claimed
6 employees.
It's all vaporware.

One comment on the Wall Street Journal blog said:

    *  David wrote:
I don’t believe for one second that Solaren will deliver even 1 watt
of electricity in 2016 using this technology. So I’m curious about
PG&E’s real motivation for pursuing this. I’m guessing that they’re
finding it much more difficult to meet CA’s renewable energy
requirements than they ever imagined. If they get this approved, they
don’t have to do anything for six years and can just keep pointing to
the promise of Solaren to meet their requirements. When 2016 rolls
around and it all goes bust, they can say it wasn’t their fault, beg
forgiveness (which they will receive), and get the targets reset.
Solaren gets to point to their contract with PG&E to attract investor
money, which they will invest in stuff like sports cars, houses, and
vacations.