[ExI] are all cultures equivalent?.

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Apr 14 20:56:25 UTC 2009

Il 14/04/2009 12.24, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/4/14 John K Clark<jonkc at bellsouth.net>:
>> <painlord2k at libero.it>
>>
>>> The "Zero" is a Indian or Indochina invention.
>>> They [Islam] are only involved in the transmission of the
>>> concept to west Europe
>> I know but I was trying to be generous; I figured I'd get enough flack as it
>> is. And I'm sure that sometime in the last 800 years Islam has done
>> something that is worth more than a bucket of warm spit, it must have; but
>> I'll be damned if I can think of an example at the moment.
>
> On the basis of what you consider worthwhile, you could probably write
> off most of the world's population over most of history.

Most of the world population don't boast their accomplishments when they
have nothing worth to boast.

Muslims are desperate to show Islam is worth something so often they
make up the most incredible claims. Like Muslims discovered America
before Colombo or others so absurd that I have not the gut to rewrote
here. They are a dying religion, without any accomplishment worth to
show. But in the same time their religion teach them that it is Allah
will that cause this. They can be dualistic, but too much dualism is
unbearable. So defences kick in and some leave Islam, some stop
believing, some start to do more of the same, other become self-destructive.

It is surely terrible to be teach that you are the best, the master's
religion, the people that must rule over the unbelievers and discover
that you are poor, ignorant, despised, incapable to do anything worth to
be sold to other. You came out of the desert when westerns discovered
oil, you become independent from the Turks when the western helped you
and defeated the Turks, you become rich when the western bought your
oil. And you know that when the oil will be depleted, or no more
requested, you will return in the desert to herd camels and goats.

Mirco