[ExI] Fwd: FYI: Experimental Man

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:28:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Thu, 4/16/09, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> > I took the test.
> > http://www.portfolio.com/interactive-features/2008/06/Brain-Age
> >

> > Before I release my brain's age, I'll try it again (just to
> > make sure).
>
> Haven't taken it yet, but I wonder how the time of day it's taken and other
> conditions influence the results.  I can imagine someone with a youthful
> brain taking it under really bad conditions and at the wrong time concluding
> her brain is not so youthful -- and someone with a not so youthful brain
> taking it under ideal conditions and concluding, in comparison with the
> former person, that his brain is in good shape (or better than hers).

Take a left-right brain test before a day of work and after.  In my case I
went from 35/65 to 65/35 in the course of 9 hours.  Does that invalidate the
test or "prove" that the brain is really so adaptive that it can change
significantly depending on task(s) ?

Most likely the test itself is meaningless, the account creation is what
pays the bills - every email collected is $$ to someone in a cross-marketing
situation. </cynicism>