[ExI] Brain aging test/was Re: Fwd: FYI: Experimental Man

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 06:19:25 UTC 2009

Dan wrote:

> *  Was it here that was mentioned the report stating that people seem to
> peak cognitively in their mid-20s on average?  I seem to recall such a
> report a few weeks ago and remember one comment on it being that this is
> when people tend to finish college so that the cognitive decline might just
> be most people slow down on learning new things.  The take away being: keep
> learning new things intensively until your brain burns out.  :)

I took the military's ASVAB test earlier this week and it was very
interesting to do so, because I had taken it well over a decade ago in
highschool.  I did not study for it (thinking it covered so many topics that
it would be useless to do so, a mistake on my part) and by the end I
actually had a mild headache from the concentration and effort required on
my part.  Ironically, my composite score was only two points lower than my
highschool result, when much of the material covered was fresh in my head!
lol

John