[ExI] Really? and EP

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:11:13 UTC 2009

On 4/18/09, Keith Henson wrote:
<snip>
> Of course people always moved to unoccupied land if they could.  But
>  they filled up the world a *long* time ago.  Moving into another
>  tribe's territory would start a war if the people there were also up
>  against the wall.

We are discussing present day problems not hunter gatherer tribes.

Emigration today means the young men (usually) spreading out among the
20 nearby countries and working for minimum wages. Much to the delight
of the receiving countries. This reduces the population in the 'hard
times' country and the young emigrants send money back home to help
their families.
It's a win - win situation.

>  > To say that EP proves that hard times = war is far too simplistic.
>

> I wish you would quit putting words in my mouth.

Great! we agree then. Hard times does not = war necessarily.

BillK