[ExI] Really? and EP

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 17:42:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>> Keith Henson
>> this theory predicts they will become more susceptible to
>> xenophobic memes (often religious) and more supportive of
>> external wars and internal pogroms--for example against homosexuals.
>> Keith
>
> Keith this one goes against my intuition.  In times of increasing scarcity
> because of overpopulation, it seems the homosexuals would be our friends,
> with an expected backlash towards heavy breeders.

Rationality has nothing to do with it.  If the pre WW II Germans had
been rational they would have used the Jews as a resource to invent
war devices instead of expelling or killing them.  Same with the
Cambodians in killing off the educated.  In such times xenophobic,
often religious, memes build up to kill the different ones.

Besides, heavy breeders produce the warrior (cannon fodder) class.
Even today that is true.  It's the ruling/leader class that is opposed
to methods (birth control, abortion) to limit the fertility of the
lower classes.  But I really doubt they are doing this for rational
reasons.

>I can think of only one
> good historical example where any culture really embraces and promotes
> homosexuality: modern Hollywood Inc.

Classical Greece.

>But that culture is more oriented to
> plenty, or rather gross excess (the best kind).  Puzzling.  Doesn't this
> seem opposite what we would expect?

Sorry, I am not sure I understand what you are getting at.

Keith