[ExI] External costs (was Re: are all cultures equivalent?)

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:06:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki
<rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

> even my breathing will be seen as an
> externality by the global warming lunatic fringe crowd, since my mere
> physiological existence imposes a certain carbon footprint.

No it doesn't. Mere physiological existence is carbon-neutral. Your
food sources may require fossil fuels (for example, to make
fertilizers or to drive tractors around), and therefore have a carbon
footprint, but that must be attributed to farming and not to
breathing.

Alfio