[ExI] TECHNOPHOBIA!

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 21 02:32:59 UTC 2009

Stefano,

It seems to me like people that are argue anything like 'science is out
of control', or that any loss of any kind of science is "a good thing
for humankind" is very harmful, and even destructive of what could
otherwise be - and thereby all such is immoral.

It seems to me the arguments for such are very mistaken, unintelligent.
It is sad to realize that by far the mojority of people subscribe to
this kind of thinking.  So for every 10 convesations, online and off,
likely only one might involve a transhumanist that can point out the
immoral errors in such thinking.  But of course, this doesn't help much
for the other 9 conversations that further promote this kind of thinking
and blot out the few where some of  us are involved.

So, to the extent possible, I think we all need to work together, to
find more powerful ways, to work as teams to better promote, and help
people to better understand the moral truth about such thinking.  And
that is one of the motivations for canonizer.com - so we can work
together as a team to rationally point out any mistaken thinking as a
unified voice.

Would you be willing to write up a short concise statement about your
thinking on this book, even if it is only a sumary of what you have said
on this list, then we could get it 'canonized' so we, and any others
that wonder what transhumanists think of such, even if they haven't yet
read it, can have such for a moral reference?  I know I, for one, would
sure make good use of such a valuable resource.

Brent Allsop