[ExI] External costs

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 06:56:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:

> **  Positive externalities are not really a problem, since they violate no one's rights and the source of a positive externality can always decide to not provide it -- if it costs said source too much.

### Not sure about that. This is one of the strongest arguments
against anarchocapitalism that I know. The free rider problem in the
provision of defense against large-scale territorial aggression is
difficult, unless you for example introduce rogues who would allowed
to prey on defectors and thus persuade them to buy bundled protection
contracts. Tricky. I do think it's doable, that's why I am an
anarchocapitalist, but it's not easy.

Rafal