[ExI] External costs (was Re: are all cultures equivalent?)

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:45:01 UTC 2009

2009/4/21 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:

> ### The main point of my paragraph is that once you agree on a method
> of generating property rights (be it polycentric, or other less smart
> ways) it is a very bad idea to break such laws, whatever their
> specific content might be.

But you could have property rights to an important natural structure
such as a lake with agreed to restrictions on what you can do to it,
as there are restrictions on what you can do with your house in most
places. Preserving the natural environment is not less important than
preserving the ambiance of a neighbourhood.

--
Stathis Papaioannou