[ExI] the next big thing: was RE: proposed moratorium...

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Apr 21 22:45:11 UTC 2009

Il 17/04/2009 22.13, spike ha scritto:

> So my question is this.  What is the next big thing that is analogous to
> these, where almost no one uses it now, but after it makes market
> penetration, to do without it would cause widespread panic or even large
> numbers to perish?  What is the next big thing?  Is there another big thing
> coming?

Next big thing?
Agree that a continual evolution and improvement of the cellphone,
leading to an implantable cellphone, is very probable.
But the "big thing" will be the ability to monitor the body and its
functions / states. What I see is something like the BodyBug, but on
steroids and implantable. This could very well melt with the implantable
cellphone immediately or after.

The BodyBug and other similar devices (like the Fitbit) satisfy another
need / want of the people: awareness of their body conditions and
feedback. A continuous feedback beat a sporadic feedback in usefulness.

Mirco