[ExI] retrainability of plebeians

Dagon Gmail dagonweb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:03:19 UTC 2009

I agree that the only tenable solutiion will be a society somewhat like was
described in the
Snow Crash novel - the world fragmented into citystates. Some rich, a few
well off, but most
(and I quote)

When it gets down to it talking trade balances here once we've brain-drained
all our
technology into other countries, once things have evened out, they're making
cars in
Bolivia and microwave ovens in Tadzhikistan and selling them here once our
edge in
natural resources has been made irrelevant by giant Hong Kong ships and
dirigibles
that can ship North Dakota all the way to New Zealand for a nickel once the
Invisible
Hand has taken away all those historical inequities and smeared them out
into a
broad global layer of what a Pakistani brickmaker would consider to be
prosperity
'know what? There's only four things we do better than anyone else:
music
movies
microcode (software)
high-speed pizza delivery

Lucid and visionary... In case you wondered, I do consider Snow Crash to be
dystopian. But at least
thet are still alive in that setting.

But to respond to your question, and I take the effort to politely accuse
you of callous disinterest
in what is happening in large parts of Africa.... africa is exploited to
death, its wildlife is dying, it is
breeding out of control, dictators are routinely (more than half nations)
kept in place by free market
corporations selling free market genocide weapons, humans are starving in
droves (yes in some
places, in most other places they are merely illiterate) while european,
arabic and american maffias
literally dump toxic and radioactive waste in the sea just off the somali
coast. I could go on for
half a page. Caution or I'll start quoting Chomsky articles.

Mind you, I am largely tolerant of free market selfregulation, as long as it
is augmented by
1- democratic elected and sensibly formulated laws
2- restrictions to unbridled affluence
3- restrictions to exploiting natural resources
4- international laws penalizing emptying natural resources with severe
penalties
5- absolute minimum standards to conditions under which a human being is
allowed to live, even if
that human is a terrorist, lazy, a communist, unclean, a child rapist,
gypsy, italian, whatever. And
everyone who can is expected to pay his share for this.

Lets start by implementing the above in equal measure to a cleaning up
campaign of africa. Lets
take all places denied civilization back town by town. Let's start a war
against exclusion.

2009/4/22 painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it>

> Il 20/04/2009 20.18, Dagon Gmail ha scritto:
>
> What would prevent people "untrainable" to commerce and have economic
> exchange between themselves?
> Large part of the African population is and will be untrainable to western
> standards for long time. This don't

prevent them to live, be happy, commerce, fish, reproduce, etc.