[ExI] the next big thing

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Apr 23 18:02:05 UTC 2009

Il 23/04/2009 17.14, Emlyn ha scritto:

> I just finished reading Clay Shirky's "Here Comes Everybody", and got
> to thinking about "mass amateurization" (that we see professions
> disappearing where the 'net+ provides the means for amateurs to
> replace them, eg: journalists, and photographers since cheap quality
> digital photography). What's the bet that general practitioner doctors
> are some of the next against the wall, following mass biometric
> monitoring, and whatever comes with that?

I see this arrive: the doctors are struggling to manage the mass (and
the mess) of informations about treatments, pathologies, drugs, etc. And
they are losing.

The following is an interesting article about biometric monitoring:
http://www.jpands.org/vol12no1/robinson.pdf

Nothing really new, apart the ability to make it real for the mass.

Mirco