[ExI] Cure For Honey Bee Colony Collapse?

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 26 20:12:22 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of
> Gary Miller
> Subject: [ExI] Cure For Honey Bee Colony Collapse?
>
> Science Daily has reported that scientists have isolated the
> parasite Nosema ceranae (Microsporidia) from professional
> apiaries...
>
> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090414084627.htm

I have noticed that the bees around the Bay Area seem to have partially
recovered.  I see about twice as many bees this year on the lavenders as
last, which is about half what I saw three years ago.  Perhaps the local
bees are recovering.  The wild swarm I was hoping to recover from a tree
this year collapsed: I found the hive filled with dead bees last month.

> I'm happy for the bees and the reduced effect this problem
> will have now on agricultural yields but I wish scientists
> could find a cure to heart disease or cancer in this short of
> a time period.

Ja that would be nice.  In the mean time caloric restriction can reduce your
risk to some extent.  It's all we have.