[ExI] intolerant minds, a different flavor

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:48:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> If you'd make an exception for that, how about "Jews, Homos and Niggers
> deserve to die, because they are inhuman scum who are destroying our way of
> life!"?

I would only remark that in large chunks of Europe is way out of
political correctness not only to condone the Holocaust; not only to
deny its reality or scale on whatever ground or to compare it with
other mass killing events; but since the beginning of the nineties
even to discuss publicly... whether special laws limiting freedom of
speech and/or research in this specific respect are justified and
acceptable or not.

Those possibly adhering to the say "I disapprove of what you say, but
I will defend to the death your right to say it", if they even exist,
are in fact not so far from being put to test on that one.

But, hey, the good news is that we are still somewhat more flexible on
global warming, flat-earth theories, UFOs and evolution... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj