[ExI] intolerant minds, a different flavor

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 27 20:15:42 UTC 2009

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> do you, Lee, really think there should be no prohibition of, or penalty
> for, untruthfully screaming "Fire!" or "Bomb!" in a crowded theater?

I can't speak for Lee but as I said in a previous post I think there should
be a penalty for someone screaming anything in a crowded theater; I want to
watch the movie dammit.

> If you'd make an exception for that, how about "Jews, Homos and Niggers
> deserve to die, because they are inhuman scum who are destroying our way
> of life!"?

The operative word in the business of the rapid oxidation of the theater is
"untruthfully", so that means government must now get into the truth
determining business, and I really don't think they'd be very good at that,
I'd prefer to do that little task myself. And it they stop all speech that
is untruthful then the simple corollary is that anything the government
approves of is true. I'm not sure but that doesn't seem to me to be the path
to a free and happy civilization.

And Damien, what is the point of debasing yourself by advocating laws
against freedom of thought when you know there is not the slightest chance
they will be successful? You're a intelligent man so you know it will work
about as well as the recent attempts to stomp out the pirated copy of the
new multi million dollar Wolverine movie after it reached the internet.
Unscrambling an egg would be easy in comparison.

Due to technology Internet racist morons will be able to communicate with
other racist morons. It's not the end of the world, get over it; there is a
cap on how much evil they can produce because they are, after all, morons.

 John K Clark