[ExI] META: A modest proposal for the Extropy-Chat list

Eschatoon Magic eschatoon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:06:33 UTC 2009

Max, my experience is that splitting a list into sublists does not
work, and can only decrease the appeal of the main list. One of the
things that I value here is a wide conversation space, broadly related
to extropy but with some necessary elbow room.

Some considerations:

If I want to read a list where I always agree with everyone on
everything, there is a very simple thing that I can do: to create a
list where I am the only member. Or in other words, talking to the
mirror. Kind of boring I would say.

Yes, there are certainly some enemies lurking here, who can use unPC
posts to attack extropy. I say, fuck them.

Sacred cows are just as good for hamburgers as other cows.

G.

Eschatoon Magic
http://cosmeng.org/index.php/Eschatoon
aka Giulio Prisco