[ExI] mysterious observations infer yo mama

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 01:15:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:43 PM, BillK<pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't surrender that easily, Jeff.  ;)

Thanks for the support.

Not to go all Yoda on you, but the wisdom and utility of surrender is
often under-appreciated, obscured by testosterone.  Similarly,
sometimes you have to lose, to win.  I learned this playing cards with
my wife Gail.  She's not fiercely competitive -- likes to play more
than win -- but it makes her happy to win all the same.  And when
she's happy, good things happen for me.  I've been known to (secretly)
throw a game now and again.  Enlightened self-interest.   A big
picture kind of thing.

Best, Jeff Davis

 "Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
                   Sophia Loren