[ExI] [wta-talk] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 12:21:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Alfio Puglisi<alfio.puglisi at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be too short if you where just fitting a line to a series of
> point. But climate models rely on physics.

### Not quite. Climate is so poorly understood that the models are
actually exercises in curve fitting (you know that term, right?). They
do not know the CO2 climate sensitivity, and are yet completely
incapable of predicting climate over periods of a few years, much less
decades (not a single published model predicted the current period of
global cooling when it started in 1998)

> Your questions miss the point. The problem is not the "right" or
> "wrong" temperature, nor a "change". The problem is when the rate of
> change outstrips the ability of the ecosystem to adapt. Similar
> considerations can be made about the rate of sea level rise with
> respect to human infrastructure.

### Our infrastructure cannot deal with destroying fifteen or more
trillion dollars that would be necessary to stop anthropogenic CO2
emissions. But both our infrastructure and all ecosystems can easily
deal even with the grossly exaggerated changes predicted by the IPCC.

Rafal