[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 3 22:34:40 UTC 2009

"Alfio Puglisi" <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>

> If you want to criticize models, you better make sure that you know how
> they work.

Climate models work? That's news to me. Let me ask you something, if the
world's temperature increases will that create more clouds or fewer clouds?
It's a very simple question with profound consequences because clouds
regulate the amount of solar energy that runs the entire climate show.
Increased temperature means more water evaporates from the sea, but it also
means the atmosphere can hold more water before it is forced to form clouds.
So who wins this tug of war? Nobody knows. So how do these marvelous climate
models you speak of deal with this? They ignore it.

And then there is the important issue of global dimming. For reasons that
are not clearly understood at any given temperature it takes longer now for
water to evaporate now than it did 50 years ago. How do these marvelous
climate models deal with this interesting fact? They ignore it, every
fucking single one of them.

And you are asking billions of people to quite literally bet their lives on
the accuracy of these two bit climate models.

  John K Clark