[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 3 23:44:37 UTC 2009

"Alfio Puglisi" <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>

> Last century: [sea level rise] 7 inches/century

I said 6 inches/century, but I won't fight you over that last inch; after
all it's in my favor.

> Last 20 years:  10 inches/century

So in the last 20 years the sea has risen 10 inches a century. Huh?

> Next century:  3-4 foot/century

Let  me know where you got your time machine.

> Stop this hyperbole. The IPCC quantified the additional expense in energy
> investment at max $2T over 25 years

Fuck the IPCC! If you're really serious about this, and I mean serious,
you're going to have to abandon fossil fuels and that means condemning
millions to death and billions to poverty. And all the ethanol alcohol and
wind farm fantasies in the world won't change that. I'm not happy about it,
I wish there were a alternative, but there isn't, and raging against the
inevitable is stupid.

> what is your estimate of people starving to death or
> remaining in poverty if we don't take action?

Like it or not the world runs on fossil fuels. Take that away then the world
won't run. If the world doesn't run then people are going to die. Lots and
lots and lots and lots of people. That's when the obscene term "Mega Death"
would come into its own.

I have no doubt that you are a good person and I have no doubt you wish the
very best for the world, but wishing does not make it so. Good intentions
are not enough; you've got to be smart.

 John K Clark