[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:31:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:17 PM, John K Clark<jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Alfio Puglisi" <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>

>> And here is the famous vertical line:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png
>
> It looks to me like that terrifying "vertical line" of yours is very much
> like the "vertical line" seen 150,000 years ago, and 250,000 years ago, and
> 350,000 years ago;

Nope, you have to read graphs carefully. Those lines took at least
some thousands of years. Our only took a century or two, and will go
much higher in another one.

> and I was correct, on a plot of CO2 over the last 600
> million years you would need an electron microscope to see any of these tiny
> changes.

Notice that each of the three "tiny changes" you listed is an ice age.
It means that, even if the change doesn't make itself obious in the
600 million year graph, it doesn't mean that it has no consequences.
And the speed is what matters. But if you think an ice age is a tiny
change, I don't think we can arrive at any agreement.

Alfio