[ExI] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 6 14:37:16 UTC 2009

"Alfio Puglisi" <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>

>>> only took a century or two, and [CO2] will go much higher in another
>>> one.

Me:
>> How the hell do you know?

> I thought it was obvious.

You thought how the atmosphere works is obvious? You thought the new energy
sources that will be developed in the next century were obvious? You thought
it was obvious that we should waste valuable brain cells worrying about
problems that won't become serious for a century or more if they ever do?

>  current policy goals are thinking of 450 or 500 ppm,
 > which is already pretty higher than now

I don't know where you got those "goals" but even the higher figure would
only be about a sixth of the average CO2 concentration in the air over the
last 600 million years. Environmentalists want us to panic over this, and
that part really is obvious, after all panic is how environmentalists make
their living.

By the way let me ask you something, which do you think kills more people,
heatstroke or freezing to death? I don't know about you but I'm far from
certain that this is the ideal temperature.

  John K Clark