[ExI] [wta-talk] Richard Lindzen on climate hysteria

Alfio Puglisi alfio.puglisi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 13:38:23 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/8 Alfio Puglisi <alfio.puglisi at gmail.com>:
>
>> I know that this list has libertarian views
>
> Some members of the list have libertarian views.

Thanks for the correction. Generalizations are always dangerous.

To lighten the mood a bit, here's a gem I found today:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/divine-assistance-meets-global-warming/article1244159/

Quote:

"Villagers from deeply Roman Catholic south Switzerland have for
centuries offered a sacred vow to God to protect them from the
advancing ice mass of the Great Aletsch Glacier.

Global warming is making them want to reverse their prayers, and the
Alpine faithful are seeking the permission of the Pope.

Since the vow was established in 1678, the deal was simple: the
citizens of the isolated mountain hamlets of Fiesch and Fieschertal
would pledge to lead virtuous lives. In exchange, God would spare
their homes and livelihoods from being swallowed by Europe's largest
glacier as it expanded toward the valley with heavy winter snows.

Times have changed.... "

Alfio