[ExI] simplifying?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 14:42:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:02 AM, hkhenson<hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> I have had an awful time with this complex idea.  People complain that you
> have to be a rocket scientist to read it.  If anyone has ideas on how to
> simplify the explanation while still keeping it accurate, please let me
> know, either here or by private email.

I think it is fine enough.

BTW, the recent re-igniting of the debate on AGW on transhumanist
lists brought me back to toying with the idea of making use of nuclear
arsenals to power Orion-style vehicles.

If, and of course those are big ifs, AGW exists, it is an existential
risk, and it would be obviated by a reduction of greenhouse gas
emissions, the "cost" of a modest increase in the environmental
radioactivity would be modest in comparison with the biblical
alternatives suggested by its partisans - as well as with the not much
lesser consequences of much more expensive and scarce energy arising
from a simple switching off of fossil fuels sources...

Having said that, nothing wrong in considering solutions which may be
even closer to the ideal of having your pie and eat it too...
--
Stefano Vaj