[ExI] HF health news

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 21:51:55 UTC 2009

2009/8/22 Hal Finney <hal at finney.org>:
> I haven't posted on this list for a long time, but I still subscribe
> and I have known some of you, virtually or in person, for many years. I
> wanted to post this here as I think this is a group which will understand
> some of what I am experiencing.

I think this is a very sobering and dignified message. While I wish
Hal all the best, and cryonics surely allows for hope even beyond all
hope, all of a sudden the "cool" and "responsible" philosophical
concerns about the risks that technological developments might lead to
one's being chased down the street by a Big Bad AI sound definitely
less compelling in comparison to actual threats to actual people.

--
Stefano Vaj