[ExI] Tools for improving health care in the USA, now

Max More max at maxmore.com
Wed Aug 26 16:53:46 UTC 2009

I recommend Bailey's article in full...
Markets, Not Mandates
http://www.reason.com/news/show/135081.html

...but I especially wanted to quote two paragraphs and the included
links to useful resources for improving your health care (if you live
in the USA), without having to wait for reforms:

<http://finance.senate.gov/healthsummit2008/Statements/Regina%20Herzlinger%20Testimony%20_pages%20227-246.pdf>

<http://www.angieslist.com/AngiesList/myangie/>

<http://www.oshpd.ca.gov/commonsurgery/>

http://www.newchoicehealth.com/Home>

>enable consumers to go shopping for relatively routine procedures
>like colonoscopies, laparoscopic hernia repair, and MRI scans.
>Prices for colonoscopies in Washington, DC, for instance, vary from
>$580 to $1,386, hernia repair from $974 to $2,519, and abdominal
>MRIs from $936 to $1,960.

Max More, Ph.D.
Strategic Philosopher
Extropy Institute Founder