[ExI] Saving the data

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:52:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> This scheme would of course require funding, but also a very stable
> long-term organisation that can move to new media. Perhaps allowing forking
> would be one way (some cryptographic trickery here for the escrow) so that
> even amateurs might be able to run their own version with all data smaller
> than Y gigabytes. Sounds very much like something the Long Now Foundation
> might have been considering for their 10,000 year library.

It also sounds like something googleBot is already doing.  We joke about
chats being "off the record" probably being stored and simply 'marked' as
"off the record" until some to-be-determined statute of intellectual
property runs out.  Good news is that it will all be used for your digital
resurrection; bad news is everyone you've ever said an unkind word to or
about will also be digitally resurrected and have full access to your then
completely transparent life.