[ExI] climategate again

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Wed Dec 2 03:24:46 UTC 2009

Max says

> I'm feeling pretty lonely on this issue. Just about everyone on all
> sides of the issue seem to be very certain of what's going on. Despite
> considerable reading of clashing sources (or because of it), I remain
> highly unsure.

Hmm, I'm not sure what's wrong with you either.

Or me and the others who just aren't any too sure.

Why can't we have nice healthy attitudes like

   "I was a scientist myself for the longest time, and the people
   I’d gladly drop into a vat of nitric acid start with the Pope
   and go all the way down to anyone who voted for Stephen Harper’s
   conservatives."            ---Peter Watts (credit: Damien)

I think that to have (or to get) a definitive opinion
on things like this, i.e. to stop being so wimpy,
one perhaps has to join in the singing of "Hide the
Decline" (credit John Clark), or engage in other
soul-fulfilling rituals that leave no doubt about
who're the good guys and who're the bad.

Me, I just don't feel like calling other people names
yet---not to mention dropping them in nitric acid. Yes,
learning to sing along would doubtless help me too!

Lee